• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I love Colts so much I made them a friend today

Let me study what I can make them for, I'm game.

Seriously, I am figuring different sizes and what a fair cost would be. I have everything I need to make these in several gun types including AR15 and AK.
I'll post something Sat night.

Very cool. I don't think the wife will let me put one over the mantle but I'll be interested in seeing what you post tomorrow!

Using a 3D printer would be a lot quicker and easier than programming and machining one of these. It looks great.

There are no 3D printers that make anything this large. Look up the cost of 3D Printers, million or so each

Plus, 3D Printers usually spit paper or plastic into a shape, there is zero functionality in 3D printing. You can NOT make working firing guns in 3D Printers, well you may fire a round before it explodes into plastic bits.

There are no 3D printers that make anything this large. Look up the cost of 3D Printers, million or so each

Plus, 3D Printers usually spit paper or plastic into a shape, there is zero functionality in 3D printing. You can NOT make working firing guns in 3D Printers, well you may fire a round before it explodes into plastic bits.

LOL, I had a 60qt cooler printed with an sla printer as for a 1st article run one time. It was a lot bigger than that. It grows the part(s) from suspended platform pulling them from a liquid polymer. Glocks among many other guns have plastic frames and they don't break? With a good sla printer, you could get +/-.001" tolerance. You could literally print a complete gun including all working internals by making small micro joints or tabs that would break when you first rack the slide or pull the trigger. The springs is what would get you.

Your wrong about the 3D printers not making large items. We have one at work and it will print large items. We printed something about 3 foot tall and a out 30" diameter. It will break them up in segments and will fit together PERFECTLY!!! It's glued together them dipped in a tank for a smooth finish and you will never know the difference. It is simply amazing what you can print. Till anybody sees it first hand they don't have a clue what you can do with them.

Back
Top Bottom