• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I lost the screws for my S&W 17-2. Say hello to an idiot

Take the screws out of another gun, put them in a plastic bag, put the bag wherever you think would make sense. Hopefully you will use the same logic as the previous time and wind up finding the original bag.

Threads for the south in Marietta has anything you will need.You can carry your piece in and get whatever you need to fit(if you dont want to wait for ups)

I have a shop magnet. It's about a foot or more long on a stick. Works wonders. Home Depot / Lowes probably sells them. Comes in handy more often than you would think.

Just shoot it with the side plate off.

You can get a couple of shots before something pops out...

:p

Just checked Numrich and they have the side plate screws for a different version of the 17. Hopefully they will work. They are sold out of the yoke screws. You can shoot it without the yoke screw, just be careful when you load and unload it that the cylinder and yoke don't fall out.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufac...FrameRevolvers-38382/17-36783.htm?results=All

When I was in the business, I usually had at least 50 of every part number in stock. Check with any reputable Gunsmith they will have them, will around 20.00 for the three. The yoke screw may need fitting if it is an older model.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_garage-workshop-supplies+magnets

Or, buy a pkg of magnets at Lowe's, glue or tape them to a ruler, and slide it across the floor. You will be surprised what you find.

We have become a disposable society. Instead of fixing what we have, we throw it away, and buy new. Why? If you can find it great, if you don't, then you buy a new one. In the meantime, you have a new tool to save money in the future.

If you can get the thread and length, McMaster Carr may have them. You might have to buy a package of 10-50 but it would appears you could always use extras.....lol

Back
Top Bottom