• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I know I'm going to be called one of the "poors" but

I jumped on the Prairie Belt brand and enjoyed them (in moderation). While browsing the aisle at Wally World, I did notice and purchase several cans of the Armour Vienna Bourbon BBQ and Hot & Spicy (next to the Prairie Belt, now at WalMart). I got to admit, the Hot & Spicy is really good! Smoked oysters, sardines in oil or mustard, and perhaps my favorite, Vigo Jumbo Squid round out most of the snacks!

"Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name Pannhaas, is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then pan-fried"

Lot's of folks ate this stuff back home in PA. I never could stomach it.

I have a saying: never eat anything with the word Crap in it.

1662041863780.png

"Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name Pannhaas, is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then pan-fried"

Lot's of folks ate this stuff back home in PA. I never could stomach it.

I have a saying: never eat anything with the word Crap in it.

View attachment 4678626
My mother and grandfather both ate that. Turned my stomach.
Grandpa also loved his souse meat. Another nono for me.

02BA81A2-F342-4F42-BD39-198A5BF3094B.jpeg

Germans around Cincinnati eat a product called Goetta. It's quite good.

I bought a couple of cans of Prairie Belt Smoked Sausage to compare to Armour's Viennas. No contest.

Prairie Belt for the wins in both flavor and texture.

Attachments

• 20220918_112224.jpg
    20220918_112224.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 5
Germans around Cincinnati eat a product called Goetta. It's quite good.

I bought a couple of cans of Prairie Belt Smoked Sausage to compare to Armour's Viennas. No contest.

Prairie Belt for the wins in both flavor and texture.
That list of ingredients, tho…

Back
Top Bottom