I have $150 to spend at Basspro. What should I buy?

Vincent Vega

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
439   0
Reaction score
There is nothing I really want and nothing I really need ahead of deer season. I've had $150 of gift cards sitting at home waiting to be used for months now. I can't even remember where and when I got them. So, what should I buy with them? Anyone have any ideas?

Do you have a smoker?
How about a Vacuum Sealer?
A good Gortex rain jacket?
A warm wool sweater?

(Those are some of the most favorite things I've picked up and still use....)
The only one of those I don't have is a vacuum sealer. I'll keep that in mind

Been meaning to pick up one of those seal-a-meal contraptions for a long time. I hate wasting food, bride and I don't eat much. Also want it for sealing meat when I buy it in bulk...Good idea!

Vacuum sealers are awesome. I'm quite frugal, so I buy meats when they are on sale and bag them into meals for the 4 of us.

Ingle's has whole pork loins on sale now. I bought 4, cut about 6" off the point for roast then sliced thick chops and put 4 to a bag.

We make great use of ours.
It allows us to buy meat on sale in quantity and keep it in the freezer without any burn for long periods.

If you do pick one up, keep your eyes open come October.
That's when the ranchers bring critters to the processor that they don't want to feed through the winter.
The price on everything goes way down, especially on pork products because so much has come to market at the same time.
….. and buy the refills on Amazon, they're MUCH less expensive.....

Ingles here is to high, I wait for the holiday sale at Kroger for both Whole Tenderloin and Boneless Ribeyes.

I do the same thing!
They cut it anyway we want, we don't need those super thick steaks anyway or we'll be sharing one...... and the price is reasonable instead of ridiculous.
Oh! And Turkeys after the Holidays come down to about 20 cents a pound. There isn't a cheaper protein in the whole store. We cook one every other month, eat some and vacuum seal another meal or two.

Back
Top Bottom