• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I had to pull the instrument cluster from my Honda.

jeep78

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
You start by removing the screws in the BACK seat area from the center console. It just gets worse from there.

After removing a cup full of screws, you remove the fascia from the dash, then you can get to the instrument cluster. Even after unplugging all the harnesses, it is still a major fumbling exercise to get it out and back in.

I had just done my Rover the other day, and that was a piece of cake in comparison.

Changed the plugs and coils on a Nissan Murano v-6 one time. First step said, "Remove Wipers". No sheite!!

Replacing a battery on a 2013+ Ford Escape is the same thing. The battery is under the windshield up against the firewall.

It drives me nuts, no pun intended, when car manufacturers make something that should be easy, so difficult. Some of these newer cars are nearly impossible to work on.

Ever try to install longtube headers on an F-Body camaro/trans am? That will make you want to just never work on cars again. Pro tip, go ahead and change your plugs/wires while you have everything out, because you'll never be able to access those plugs in the back again. :lol:

Yep, about every 200k. As I get older there's less and less I want to do. I've gotten to the point I'll pay a mechanic to do some things

Back
Top Bottom