• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I feel like my mag rlease is sticking out really far.

Ok yea i took catch out and there's a pretty large bur and it might taper i think I can just file it out.

Where is the burr? Sometimes the spring will sit a little off center and get caught between the receiver and the button during installation, preventing free movement of the magazine release.

Take a punch, Glock tool or something similar, place it into the hole on the mag release and press it into the receiver, compressing the spring. Then turn the magazine catch (bar will now be sticking out on the left side) until it threads flush with the face of the button.

I just assembled one of these polymer lowers and had the same exact issue, the hole was undersized and had to open it up a bit with a file and dremel.

The bolt release frame pin holes were also undersized and I had to clamp the pin and sand it a bit to allow it to seat. The pin itself had to be reduced a bit to allow the bolt release to rotate, otherwise it froze to the bolt release.

I won't be buying another polymer AR lower frame.

I just assembled one of these polymer lowers and had the same exact issue, the hole was undersized and had to open it up a bit with a file and dremel.

The bolt release frame pin holes were also undersized and I had to clamp the pin and sand it a bit to allow it to seat. The pin itself had to be reduced a bit to allow the bolt release to rotate, otherwise it froze to the bolt release.

I won't be buying another polymer AR lower frame.

Doc, do you think the bolt catch pin or bolt catch itself may have been out of spec? The hole that the pin passes through in the bolt catch should be large enough to allow free movement. Unless the ears that the pin pass through on the receiver were too close together and binding the bolt catch. Sounds pretty jacked up. Sorry for your troubles man.

Mtdawg169,

I think possibly the polymer was undersized to compress the roll pin. It fit barely, after compressing the roll pin in a vice but the pin froze to the bolt release/catch and locked it up. I checked it with an aluminum frame and no issue. It was just the polymer. After opening up the magazine release to free it up and trimming up a few other places it was more effort than I expected as I never have to hand fit an AR lower before.

Oh and I remember I ran a drill bit of about the same size to clean up the bolt release/catch hole. It's possible it was slightly undersized but with the several tolerance issues I was having with the frame I just blamed it.

Last edited:
Mtdawg169,

I think possibly the polymer was undersized to compress the roll pin. It fit barely, after compressing the roll pin in a vice but the pin froze to the bolt release/catch and locked it up. I checked it with an aluminum frame and no issue. It was just the polymer. After opening up the magazine release to free it up and trimming up a few other places it was more effort than I expected as I never have to hand fit an AR lower before.

Oh and I remember I ran a drill bit of about the same size to clean up the bolt release/catch hole. It's possible it was slightly undersized but with the several tolerance issues I was having with the frame I just blamed it.

Sounds like a pain in the butt!

Back
Top Bottom