• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am a bad Christian

I’m a relatively “new” Christian, within the last 7 years since I accepted Christ. I was as bad as you could be I guess and my language was horrible. It took me some time to change that and I’m still working and learning.

The people who knew me then wouldn’t believe the changes Christ has made in my life. I teach Sunday school now to the oldest members of our church, my wife and I host a LifeGroup in our home weekly, I attend a men’s small group on Tuesday mornings at 0430-0600. There’s several groups of 4-6 men. It’s become critical for me in my week. Every night before bed, my wife and our 3 small children and I gather in the living room and all pray together. I’m learning as a man, husband and father, I have to lead in our home, especially as it relates to Christ, loving and serving. I mess up every day and acknowledge that. I’m far from perfect.

When it’s voting time, I pray and vote my conscience. I’ve found the more screwed up the world gets, the deeper I try and get in my relationship with Christ. We have people in our home of all races, ages, economic backgrounds and political affiliations. We all have the love of Jesus as the common denominator. I try and surround myself with strong Christian men. It helps me.

If you need someone to talk and pray with, let me know. I’d love to. If anyone is in the Henry county area and is looking for a church home or like minded people, I’d love to connect.

When it comes to Christian principles neither candidate is a ideal choice. All we can do is vote for the lesser of two evils and just let God work his majik. If not the country, in our lives.
Screenshot_20240327-090326.png

Humor.
One of God's greatest gifts.
Yes sir! The phrase " laughter heals the soul " it's one of the most true statements there has ever been. I do also believe that God gave us this to help us get through our daily routines. He gave some people the gift of comedy and I am thankful for that. I can't think of a better gift to give a person than the gift of whit. My nephew is one of the funniest people I have ever known. He can make a hilarious remark so fast is unreal. The ironic thing is he going to be a brain surgeon or anesthesiologist. You usually don't associate a comic with those two occupations.

Religion,drugs and alcohol are a personal choice. the Person has to make up his own mind about them so thats what I do. I quit alcohol,I quit drugs and I worship who I please and it aint nobodys business
Amen to that brother! This society is becoming a anti-family and anti-christian one. Everywhere you look, every site you visit or TV show you watch is planting seeds of an anti-Christ message. Telling everyone that it's ok to do whatever you want and there is no consequences for their actions. In the last six decades we have turned from an innocent nation to a nation of excess, perversion and anything that goes against his teaching.

I really don't see how the youth of today has a snowballs chance in hell of understanding the word and making a decision to have the faith of a child. God says he who does not accept the Lord as a child shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Meaning accepting him with the faith of a child. It's not about age but about not having any seconds thoughts. As if you learned not to put your hand on a hot burner. Absolute faith. The peer pressure alone is enough to make them succumb to the ways of the evil doers.

What you said all all we need to do. Be confident in our faith and not letting the non believers sway our faith or lead us into temptation. There are dirty little birds around every corner trying to get us to follow them into sin and debauchery. There are also so called TV Christian ministers that are misleading the masses. Anybody that claims the know the heart of God is clearly mistaken. Only God himself knows his own heart. All we can do is believe and worship in his name. Even God says there are many that will be deceived.

Back
Top Bottom