• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting with an M1A SOCOM

MarineEngineer

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
114   0
Reaction score
Hey guys I have never hunt DEER here in USA in Venezuela I used to hunt with shotgun and slugs, said this do you think I can hunt here with an M1A SOCOM? I NEED YOUR OPINION. Also if .270 winchester is an effective round to put down a deer and how far can I go with that round. Thanks

Hey guys I have never hunt DEER here in USA in Venezuela I used to hunt with shotgun and slugs, said this do you think I can hunt here with an M1A SOCOM? I NEED YOUR OPINION. Also if .270 winchester is an effective round to put down a deer and how far can I go with that round. Thanks
Shotgun -yes , M1A - Yes ( with 5rmd mags ) 270 - yes and Good.........
The distance of any said caliber to effectively take down deer: is your ability to consistently & effectively hit a target at that distance .
IMHO

These are both fine choices. I've got a similar setup - .270 Remington 700 mountain rifle, or an AR-10 with a 20" BBL.

I typically go with the .270 -- just a basic 130gr load, Your choice may vary. I pick this because Its a lighter setup, but counting on the ammo choices these rifles are pretty similar.

You're reminding me to find a 90s vintage marlin 336 in .30-30 with a synthetic stock, iron sights only -- that was the 1st rifle I went hunting with and still regret selling it off, it was way more fun having to get super close to the Buck.

I used a garand last year, there's not a restriction on mag limit.

Screenshot_20211003-111009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom