• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting Suppressed in GA

I don't understand why you would want a suppressor to hunt with at all.Its quite,are you scared of the noise? It doesn't alarm the neighbors,WTF with that? If it is passed it will be abused just like any thing else people can get away with.Cost to purchase a can,they are easy to make.When cans are outlawed only outlaws will have cans,come on now.BTW this thread was beat to death on the other forum and most are in favor of legalizing them.

I don't understand why you would want a suppressor to hunt with at all.Its quite,are you scared of the noise? It doesn't alarm the neighbors,WTF with that? If it is passed it will be abused just like any thing else people can get away with.Cost to purchase a can,they are easy to make.When cans are outlawed only outlaws will have cans,come on now.BTW this thread was beat to death on the other forum and most are in favor of legalizing them.

Suppressors are not silencers but they do help with the ear ringing after the shot.

I hunted with an Armalite years ago that threw the sound right back in my face. I would have been nice to reduce the report.

The question is: Do you believe in more or less government intrusion? As far as I am concerned, we should not have to ask permission from the government to buy a suppressor.

Im Pretty sure the anti suppressor/hunting folks do not have a suppressor.

I personally do not hunt nor do I want to, but I do think that hunters should be able save their hearing. I do not know many hunters that use ear protection while hunting. Also it s just polite to muffle your loud ass guns while others are also trying to kill bambie.

I will be doing my best to make sure my Rep authors a bill to make this legal. If you live in the Woodstock area contact Rep Jerguson and let him know your thoughts.

http://electsean.com/

Also it s just polite to muffle your loud ass guns while others are also trying to kill bambie.
i like this. this is the exact reason i only hunt with a bow. also the same reason i like to hunt in the city limits. of course, i guess i am a little biased. it wouldnt bother me if georgia was an archery only state. then i wouldnt have to ear every hunter within 5 miles shoot their silly little rifles. all my hunting neighbors shoot rifles, so it just pushes all the deer over on me, and i am extremely overloaded with them every year once gun season starts. :high5:

I did not intend to call you an anti. I was pointing out that you are using the same logic as their argument.

More laws don't stop those who are breaking them anyway.
I'm all for being able to hunt with reduced noise. I have tried a couple of the electronic hearing enhancers/protectors but it doesn't seem to work that well and I always seem to take em off so I can hear naturally. Taking your eye off of game while wiggling around in your stand trying to put in your hearing protection doesn't always work out in the hunters favor either.

Just gotta help the public understand the difference between hunters and poachers. I would venture to guess there aren't many cows shot with suppressed rifles now and there probably aren't too many NFA eligible folks who have shot cows.
they generally leave that to the poachers.

wouldn't change my moral compass but i'm sure if some thought they could get by with it it would be done. Screwed up way of thinking? Something wrong with not wanting anymore cows shot from our pasture from ppl hunting at night, oh just give 'em a suppressor and encourage them more. How many ppl you think can get a can off here or somewhere else without a stamp. You got a F***ed up way of thinking if you think all cans and people that bought them have a stamp and are law-abiding!!
This is right on.......Stay legal and there won't be a problem. I don't see the need to hunt with a suppressor.

It doesn't matter whether it is legal or not. There will always be people that will break the law one way or another. I can see benefits as well as downfalls. I would like to shoot a deer right behind my house and not wake the neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom