• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting/Fishing Cabin Build

Quacker

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
65   0
Reaction score
I have been wanting to this post for a while now so here it goes.

My family farm is in Miller Co., right on the beautiful Spring Creek. There was not even an access road to our creek for the longest time until about 1990 when my dad bush hogged a road. It has always been super grown up with thick, old growth woods so there was not really much we could do with it. Over the years, my Dad and I have slowly cleared out an area for camping, fishing and hunting and such. Finally, we made the decision back in 2005 to build a cabin right on the creek. Nothing big, just a cool place to stay the night.

This project has currently been running for 11.5 years now.... Dad and I have built the whole thing together with the occasional drop in from friends and family. We only get down there about once every 2 months so this has been a weekend project only. It has been a great bonding project for us and I hope to do something similar with my son one day.

The whole thing is 12x16 so it is just under 200 sq ft so no building permit required. It periodically floods back there so we decided to put it on top of 8' telephone poles ( I'm glad we did... you will see why later). We had no blueprints or plans, we just made it up as we went along based on what each other wanted. We are still a long way away but honestly, I hope it never gets finished.... it just means more time with my Pop.

Enough already, here's the pics.

First thing is first. There is an old CVA drainage ditch in the way to access the higher ground where we want to build. Need to put in culverts and build a bridge.
05-16-2012 12;52;27AM.JPG
05-16-2012 12;52;27AM7.JPG

Back
Top Bottom