• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How would you prefer to participate in an AR Armorer’s Course

How would you want to participate in an AR Armorer’s Course?

• Build a complete AR from scratch

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Follow along, only go hand’s on for the parts that you want to

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Observe and take notes

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
I voted for observe & take notes. I'm good on building lowers but want to see an upper built from scratch. Once I've seen it, I can usually do it. One difference though, if it could work based on classroom space, would be to have observers at a full build course. Those who want to build do that and those who want to observe see it done potentially more than once by instructor & students. Just a thought.

I'd want to dissemble an AR and AR 308 100% and put it back together with someone will a little more knowledge than myself. I have 2 that really need it lol.
This. I would like to know that my home build is done right. I admittedly don't shoot it often, but I'd like to know it's the best that it can possibly be.

A note on Option #1, where you build a complete AR. We’re thinking of offering a package where we supply all the parts, if you need it. You complete the 4473, and build it.

For folks that just need some parts, we would help you source them. Folks signed up for the course would get precedence on parts.
What brand of kit would this be OR do we pick the kit from several offerings?

Voted complete AR, but getting upper parts is almost impossible. I have the lower kit.

Yep.

Plus honestly the answers aren't all mutually exclusive.

I imagine starting from scratch being the best way so that you can include every one depending on where their at or what they need. That way everyone will for sure get what they need out of it.

Yep.

Plus honestly the answers aren't all mutually exclusive.

I imagine starting from scratch being the best way so that you can include every one depending on where their at or what they need. That way everyone will for sure get what they need out of it.

Also I didn't think about the fact that would require everyone have their own tools.

If I were to go to an armors class I'd want to bring one of my well worn guns for a complete tear down, clean, inspect, check, and proper reassembly. I feel like building a gun from scratch could go very wrong real quick depending on the quality of parts being brought by the students. Somethings can certainly be fixed, others need replacement parts.

If I were to go to an armors class I'd want to bring one of my well worn guns for a complete tear down, clean, inspect, check, and proper reassembly. I feel like building a gun from scratch could go very wrong real quick depending on the quality of parts being brought by the students. Somethings can certainly be fixed, others need replacement parts.

Isn't a tear down class a potential problem with all the frank'n ARs out there? I do agree that everyone bringing their own stuff in for a build class would be a mess too though.

I'd say that they supply the parts for the build. Maybe you can buy package A, B, or C, but they control what's being brought to the class. Keep it simple, at least for the first class.

I might be interested in just a shorter class to build the lower and then watch the build of an upper.

Back
Top Bottom