How to not get mauled by a black bear

bear-1.jpg

Your odds of getting hit by a car, or lightening, or slipping in the bath, or falling down the stairs, or stepping in a hole, on the way to your hunting area are astronomically higher than getting attacked by a bear.
This is true when you take into account all of the people everywhere. However, when you narrow the group under consideration to those that are in the woods... where there is a bear... in the dark... while moving quietly... and being close to sent free... those odds go way up.

Still not likely at all, but definitely worth consideration and staying alert.

Your odds of getting hit by a car, or lightening, or slipping in the bath, or falling down the stairs, or stepping in a hole, on the way to your hunting area are astronomically higher than getting attacked by a bear.
I've never slipped in the bath or gotten run over by a car or fell down the stairs while going to my tree stand. But I did walk out of my tent to see a bear walking by the river about 20 feet away from me. I'll go with the bear scenario in the deer woods over a traffic accident......but I know what your intent was and is and it's true in certain cases but them bears go to the woods more than they go to walmart or the stairwell in my house.

I'd buy a special rifle just for a bear spending at least $1500 on that gun.

Then I'd buy a bear hunting license.

Aftter I make those two investments, I can pretty much guaran-damn-tee that I would never see a bear again.
At least not until the bear license expired.

Back
Top Bottom