• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many of you remember this being your passenger in high school?

Dad gave me a 76 f100 .
1976-Ford-F-100-787611456247519_800x600.jpg
like this but worn out and knockin.

I took the 6 cyl out , dropped in a 302, put a stereo in it , tgen traded it for this...

images.jpeg
had a lot of great times in that 70 Monte Carlo ;)

Casette player with 6x9s in the rear ;)

My senior year (1964) I had a 59 Impala with an AM radio. I bought a reverb system from the J.C. Whitney catalog. It consisted of an amplifier with a spring type reverb and a rear speaker kit. It was easy to install and added a great echo effect to the crappy AM audio. I was very pleased with the improvement in sound and the added volume. One Saturday night I had a date with one of the more popular girls in my school. I picked her up and were were driving to a party in the next town. I had forgotten to turn off the amp which was set at maxium volume, but had the radio turned off. As we crossed some railroad tracks there was a terrible crashing sound from the reverb amp's speaker that echoed several times. MY date pissed herself and started crying. I turned around and took her home. I never had the nerve to ask her out again.

My senior year (1964) I had a 59 Impala with an AM radio. I bought a reverb system from the J.C. Whitney catalog. It consisted of an amplifier with a spring type reverb and a rear speaker kit. It was easy to install and added a great echo effect to the crappy AM audio. I was very pleased with the improvement in sound and the added volume. One Saturday night I had a date with one of the more popular girls in my school. I picked her up and were were driving to a party in the next town. I had forgotten to turn off the amp which was set at maxium volume, but had the radio turned off. As we crossed some railroad tracks there was a terrible crashing sound from the reverb amp's speaker that echoed several times. MY date pissed herself and started crying. I turned around and took her home. I never had the nerve to ask her out again.
I had a 67 Plymouth Belvedere. Painted 1980 dodge prism pearl white. It didn't reflect colors or nothing. The name of the paint was misleading. It was a beautiful paint job. Had honeycomb ralleys and dual exhaust with chrome tips resembling the mid 80's mustang chrome exhaust pipes. It had diamond tuck high back seats in the front. Paid 2,000 right after the complete restore. You don't get those deals these days. I toyed with the motor a good bit and raced it all the time. Sucker would fly for what it was.

Speaking of stereos, my dad went to a audio convention one year. I gave him everything I saved. I told him to get me a Pioneer head unit and a pair of 6×9 speakers. I gave him enough money I could have used to buy them at the local Dept. Store. He came back with a Daytron head unit and a pair of Big Brute speakers. I bitched and moaned for days.i never forgave him for that. Sounded like crap.

Back
Top Bottom