• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many of you older folks remember these?

Capitola flour has tokens inside that I could get into the Roswell theater with back in the 60's
606365fac432d6.16116040-original.jpg
606365f9a8a327.57077185-original.jpg
My Grandmother always used Capitola Flour. She always gave me the tokens, they came in a white paper envelope with advertising printed on it. There were two types, one to get in the movies and the other was for 5 cents in trade at the store. Two tokens would get me in to the movies and get a box of popcorn. I'd borrow a couple of coke bottles off the back porch and get 3 cents back for each one at Rakestraws store at the end of Center Hill Avenue (the feed store would only give you 2 cents cash for each). Trade in a few bottles and go to the movies and get a hot dog and a coke. I still have a few hundred of the tokens I've accumulated over the years.

Wow another like minded old guy, glad to know more than me still walking that used em at the movies.
they are getting up to $20 each nowadays on Ebay.
Yep, I have some still in the envelope and I have some that are made out of fiber stuff from the 40's. I was born in 1950 and was eating a biscuit my Grandmother made before I was a year old. I used to help her sift the flour and then make and roll out the dough and she cut the biscuits with a vienna sausage can she poked some holes in the bottom of (my mom used the same can to cut her biscuits after Grandmother died and she she used it up until about 2008 when she quit cooking due to Alzheimers. Nothing makes biscuits like Capitola Flour (although White Lily wasn't too far behind).

Back
Top Bottom