• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many a-holes will be dumping braces and braced guns on here over the next week?

I maybe wrong but it’s a 922 issue and removing the brace does not solve it, Militarily arms channel dropped a video today about it, turn it in or destroy it are the only 2 options on imported guns with braces
As I understand it, 922r did not apply to pistols. The only problem now is under the new classification, if you installed a brace it is now an SBR which is a rifle and 922r does apply so if you remove the brace and nobody knows it ever had one on it then it should be ok or am I missing something. If you bought it with a brace then yes. It is a problem. I am saying that if you bought it as a pistol and installed the brace yourself then you can just remove the brace.

As I see it the only option is to turn it back into a pistol and don't try to register it.
I see the miscommunication now. I was talking about pistols that came in with the brace already installed, I guess I should have clarified that in my initial post. Sorry about that!

I think so too.

As far as the Form 1, I've always been under the assumption that 922r applies to manufacturers and not individuals, but I could be wrong on that. Me personally, I never gave 922r any thought on anything I've changed or built, 922r is pretty much unenforceable to an individual imo---some stuff is unmarked or is marked USA on the inside, which would require disassembly to prove, etc, etc...

Technically 922(r) does apply to individuals, but I don;t think anyone has ever been charged with a violation. I think it's primarily focused on importers.

I maybe wrong but it’s a 922 issue and removing the brace does not solve it, Militarily arms channel dropped a video today about it, turn it in or destroy it are the only 2 options on imported guns with braces

MAC kind of gave that impression, but I agree with a couple of posts that if it was imported and sold as a pistol, simply removing the brace should do it.

The ATF argument seems to be that if it was imported and sold with a brace already attached (or in the box?) then it was sold as a 'rifle', not a pistol and has to comply with 922(r). So by their logic it was imported illegally and has to be destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom