• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many a-holes will be dumping braces and braced guns on here over the next week?

Or destroy the brace and any other braces you have that could fit it... Then it would just be a pistol again, unless you put a scope on it, or there's pictures of someone shooting it like a rifle, or any of the other vague loopholes the ATF left themselves in this rule.
so NO brace of any sort or manufacturer can be in the possession of a legal gun owner? can a brace be on a 16" barreled weapon?

Or destroy the brace and any other braces you have that could fit it... Then it would just be a pistol again, unless you put a scope on it, or there's pictures of someone shooting it like a rifle, or any of the other vague loopholes the ATF left themselves in this rule.
So if I destroy the brace, I’m good to go? So do I just put it in the trash?

So if I destroy the brace, I’m good to go? So do I just put it in the trash?
According to the new rule, if you plan on keeping a newly-defined "rifle" with a barrel shorter than 16", it's an SBR, so simply posessing a working brace alongside it can be construed as "constructive intent". In the case of an AR pistol, there is no way around it since you have to have at least a buffer tube for it to operate. Even a plain buffer tube with just a foam tip is considered to have "surface area" so it will need to be registered as an SBR as well. The only way you can posses a brace now, according to the new rule, is if you don't have anything considered to be a short-barreled rifle by the new standards. Braces will now basically be considered stocks.Clear as mud.

Damn we are Fighting amongst Ourselves on a rule and the way it reads!

It isnt law yet! As far as I understand (right or Wrong) and the Transfer of them from what I have read and seen deals with FFL transfers not private sales as of right now.

ATF frowns upon private sales anyway! it is not illegal to do private sales. My ar pistol is just that still for now!

Damn we are Fighting amongst Ourselves on a rule and the way it reads!

It isnt law yet! As far as I understand (right or Wrong) and the Transfer of them from what I have read and seen deals with FFL transfers not private sales as of right now.

ATF frowns upon private sales anyway! it is not illegal to do private sales. My ar pistol is just that still for now!
It will never be law. The ATF doesn't write bills or create them into laws. That's the whole issue with it from the start.

According to the new rule, if you plan on keeping a newly-defined "rifle" with a barrel shorter than 16", it's an SBR, so simply posessing a working brace alongside it can be construed as "constructive intent". In the case of an AR pistol, there is no way around it since you have to have at least a buffer tube for it to operate. Even a plain buffer tube with just a foam tip is considered to have "surface area" so it will need to be registered as an SBR as well. The only way you can posses a brace now, according to the new rule, is if you don't have anything considered to be a short-barreled rifle by the new standards. Braces will now basically be considered stocks.Clear as mud.
Does it say somewhere in the new rule that you cannot posses a brace and a pistol? Or does it say that when the brace is attached to the pistol it is considered a SBR?

Back
Top Bottom