How long should I wait before negative feedback?

How long to wait before negative fedback?

• Should have done it already

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Leave it on Friday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it on Sunday

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Don't leave it at all

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Pie! (Null Vote)

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would also wait until after the weekend (which was the original agreement).

At least then you have lived up to your end of the deal.

That way he will not be able to come back at you for selling the gun before the agreed upon meet time. If no contact by then.. re-list and sell to someone else.

As far as repoting him here, Obvioulsy I would wait until the weekend has passed... even then I would wait for any explanation from him....if no contact at all..then I would re-consider giving others here a heads up as to this not happening tio them...

Outdoorsman.

This

i wouldn't leave negative....repost if you HAVE to sell it, but I;d wait until the weekend if you can. Lots of things could have happened, give him a chance to make it right.

A lot of us are on here multiple times per day....maybe he's not and hasn't thought anything else about it since there's still a couple of days til the weekend, which is when it sounds like a meeting is supposed to happen

Was trying to make a deal once, never heard back. I figured it was sold, others started wondering what happened. I saw it again a month later, bought it. He had been in the hospital the whole time. Another time on on online deal I wasn't able to follow through, My Mother was dieing. Times like that you just don't worry about trading.

Was trying to make a deal once, never heard back. I figured it was sold, others started wondering what happened. I saw it again a month later, bought it. He had been in the hospital the whole time. Another time on on online deal I wasn't able to follow through, My Mother was dieing. Times like that you just don't worry about trading.
After a bad year and a half of family deaths and sickness this was my same thoughts.

I hear what you're saying that there could be a good reason, and I agree.

On the other side of the coin, I'd really like to know who makes a habit of flaking on deals they've agreed to - that's the purpose of feedback, after all.

Mods - Can feedback be retracted at a later point? Could I leave it on Sunday, then withdraw it if he gets back to me with an acceptable excuse?

I'm with Cruisers460.
Sickness or family emergency may have come up (esp.since no log on since 20th)which would make trading the last thing on your mind.
I wouldn't post negative until I was sure the member was back on the forum and I was sure they were intentionally avoiding me if at all.
I believe in giving the benefit of doubt until proof of deliberate intent .

We don't, however, have a firm time/place arranged for the meeting. I'd like to get in touch with him so I can make sure I'm available. Since he's dropped out of sight I can't do that.

I would say that bad feedback is not warranted until a meeting time and place has been set.

I've had a similar dilemma on a trade. Had all aspects laid out, then when the other party got their part shipped to them, they wanted to alter the trade to make it "fair".
"Fair" is honoring the deal in which you agreed to. In the end it all turned out OK, I ended up getting what was supposed to be shipped to me. Didn't leave any feedback, but will no longer do any further dealing with the member.

Back
Top Bottom