• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How long do you keep your vehicle?

How long do you keep it?

• Total voters
I drop my jaw at guys selling their gorgeous trucks that are 2 years old for like 3k less what they paid for the vehicle with over 100k miles tacked on O.o

That's usually only possible with a Toyota

Friend of mine was looking for a good used extended cab 5 speed 4wd Tacoma a few years ago

The used ones with 100K on em were about $3,000 less than a brand new one
So he bought a brand new one , paid cash , drove it 5 years , and sold it for $4k less than he paid for it

They sell their used trucks for over $20k with over 120k miles because trucks are high and people looking to buy a truck are willing to pay those prices. Me personally,,,,, I shop around all over. I am very patient. I own a 2004 f150 fully loaded lariat 4 door that I bought in June 2012 for $6000.00. I had to go to Mississippi to get it but at the time I bought it, the KBB value was $10,600.00 still looks, drives and runs like new. Presently has 139,894 miles on it.

Yep. Couple years ago we were looking for a large SUV and would up getting a 7 yr old 4wd expedition with every possible option , $6000 in hickory NC
They were $12000 in Atlanta
Had 120k on it then
Had 200k on it now
Wife's beetle has 195k on it
We bought it a few years ago from someone dumping everything to stave off a foreclosure
She had been looking for a turbo diesel 5 speed beetle, not easy to find .
All the clear coat was peeling from it being in Texas and the interior was trashed from the sunroof leaking
We got a real deal on it , I unclogged the sunroof drains and had a local upholstery shop replace the headliner and other ruined leather

About that time someone gave me a huge trailer mounted electric air compressor .
(They wanted the trailer back) We towed it around to a dozen different body shops till we found one that would paint the beetle in exchange for the air compressor

Even it's too complicated for a normal person to work on

My next daily driver is gonna be the nicest 88-91 K-5 Blazer I can find

Something I can work on
Half the spark plugs on the expedition are up under the dash
It isn't as bad as working on a van. But it's close

It costs $1100 to get the frigging spark plugs changed if you take it to a shop !

Everything is plastic , the Heater and AC flapper doors gears are plastic and break

A late 80s early 90s vehicle has cables , nothing to break .
Only one computer running the fuel injection on the engine

The 04 expedition has a computer to run the power windows . It's ridiculous how complicated it is and it's ten years old The new ones have to be as complicated as the space shuttle

Last edited:
Picked up the whole factory interior seat cover set for mine for spares last week on Ebay for $115 shipped - both front seat covers, center/console cover, rear seat covers, even the head rest covers, exactly the same as mine, in new condition. Guy had leather installed when he bought his truck, and boxed the originals up.

Back
Top Bottom