• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

how do you spot weld muzzle break to rifle

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
I have an ak where the internal part in the site post is not there to hold the detent pin in, and the muzzle breaks lip is not big enough to reliably keep the pin in. So, i was told it would cost about $50- to weld the muzzle break. i was wondering if i can get the basic necessary equipment at harbor freight for close to that amount of cash? thanks

Is the hole there?

If so...

cdn3.volusion.com_gvojc.dwvhb_v_vspfiles_photos_25301_2.jpg_20d1c1f4a455fb2fae8ce784d509ac62.jpg

http://www.cncwarrior.com/M92-M85-Muzzle-Detent-Pin-and-Spring-p/25301.htm

Yes there is a hole I bought the detent pin and spring and installed it. Went to the range and 5 shots in it shot out onto the range at ha firing line. They said that an internal part was missing and to weld it. I just figure for the price I might be able to get the equip for close to there price then I have welding stuff for the future. If someone can tell me what all I need to get it done that would be sweet. Thanks

Yes there is a hole I bought the detent pin and spring and installed it. Went to the range and 5 shots in it shot out onto the range at ha firing line. They said that an internal part was missing and to weld it. I just figure for the price I might be able to get the equip for close to there price then I have welding stuff for the future. If someone can tell me what all I need to get it done that would be sweet. Thanks

You installed the roll pin I assume?

Three pieces parts in the pic I posted. Detent pin and spring without roll pin = muzzle device down range.

Just trying to keep you from spending any more money than necessary. Not trying to be a smart ass.

Np, the Yugoslav m77 has a longer detent pin set up I bought and I showed to the gunsmith who said I did everything right it was just gun. Which has been a pain in my ass, I got a slant stock adapter but the hole for the screw was off center so I had to Dremel it to get it to fit on the gun. I slipped with the Dremel due to issues I have with my hands and I jacked up the sides of the stock adapter. I had to gunsmith screw the mom spec
Adjustable stock in since I do not have vice that is mounted to anything. They over tightened it so it is off kilter so the check piece I have is not center, so I have to take it back. What a pain in the ass for a .308 Ak lol

Back
Top Bottom