• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you drain the fuel tank using the fuel pump on a 2012 Yukon?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
This Yukon has the Fuel System Control Module and does not have a fuel pump relay or fuse installed. How do you run the fuel pump to empty the tank?

I guess the fuel pump isn't dead right?

Wife's Nissan is like this, module has fuse but no power till an internal relay (deep in the module) is turnes on first. Frustrating because I didn't want to cut a hole in the floor and the tank was full. I finally got a shop manual from ebay and found the output from the module. Turned out the module was bad.
No specific answers but I hope somehow it helps.
Good luck man

I guess the fuel pump isn't dead right?

Wife's Nissan is like this, module has fuse but no power till an internal relay (deep in the module) is turnes on first. Frustrating because I didn't want to cut a hole in the floor and the tank was full. I finally got a shop manual from ebay and found the output from the module. Turned out the module was bad.
No specific answers but I hope somehow it helps.
Good luck man
Not dead yet. Wife was driving down the road the other day and the engine just cut off. She pulled over and restarted to drive home. This Yukon started not allowing more than a few seconds before the fuel pump at the gas station shuts off while filling. It's horrible every few seconds it clicks off. I replaced the EVAP canister and solenoid valve but need to drop the tank to blow out the lines. If I have to drop the tank I may as well replace the pump while I'm there. But this truck does not have a fuel pump relay or fuse "OF COURSE NOT WHY WOULD IT?" AGGGHHH!

I thought mine had no relay too till I bought a spare module and followed all the circuits backwards. What do you know, there's a relay in there and a fairly low amp one at that!
Out of curiosity do you use Kroger gas stations to refuel from? My 2015 Silverado will shut off quickly within a few seconds after pumping. My old Ranger was much worse. I have to tilt the nozzle, start fuel, let it go for a bit then putnit all the way in to get any has in it. When the Kroger pumps are filling slow I don't have this problem.

I thought mine had no relay too till I bought a spare module and followed all the circuits backwards. What do you know, there's a relay in there and a fairly low amp one at that!
Out of curiosity do you use Kroger gas stations to refuel from? My 2015 Silverado will shut off quickly within a few seconds after pumping. My old Ranger was much worse. I have to tilt the nozzle, start fuel, let it go for a bit then putnit all the way in to get any has in it. When the Kroger pumps are filling slow I don't have this problem.
Using circle K pumps. I have no issues using the same pumps with my Dodge truck but her GMC Yukon will kick off. Her EVAP canister was bad as a bunch of carbon poured out of the box so I need to blow out the vent line to the tank which has carbon in it clogging the lines.

GMC built this Yukon Denali 6.2 without a relay or fuse in the box. The space is there but there is no power to the holes where the relay and fuse are. I tested them for power with the key on and there's none.

there should be a fuel pump fuse in the big electrical box under the hood.
That's what I thought but there is no fuse. GMC used a Fuel System Control Module and removed the fuse and relay. The FSCM is located up under the Yukon. Of course it is! Why place it where you can get to it under the hood. **** GMC!

This is like my Yukon:

Go to :48

I’ve used an extra electric fuel pump to drain tanks. You can buy them off Amazon as low as $10-$20. Most recently (and due to time and efficiency) I used a pump from a 86 F-150. O’Reiley’s had one for $50. Hooked to the tank outlet with rubber hoses, connected a 12v supply and waited patiently as it pumped out 25 gallons. Just be sure you have several cans to hold all that gas.
Just dm is you want any details.

I’ve used an extra electric fuel pump to drain tanks. You can buy them off Amazon as low as $10-$20. Most recently (and due to time and efficiency) I used a pump from a 86 F-150. O’Reiley’s had one for $50. Hooked to the tank outlet with rubber hoses, connected a 12v supply and waited patiently as it pumped out 25 gallons. Just be sure you have several cans to hold all that gas.
Just dm is you want any details.
PM sent

I might be able to jump the pump at the FSCM using these:

Why locate this under the truck? It should be under the hood. Some smartass GMC engineer that does not work on vehicles did this!

Back
Top Bottom