How do you deal with a loss

I lost a close family member on Thursday.

He was more of a father figure then my uncle, he is my friend, and one that I could go to without any shame. He would always give it to me straight and lead by example over his life.

We would shoot 30lbs of ammo together when it was hard to replace, cook meat and drink a few beers taking about current times and past times. I’d talk to him on the phone just to shoot the bull when it was hard to carve out time to see in person.

I am a very private person but this is a really hard time for me right now.

Wayne, I wish we still had more time together but I know you are in the high heavens with your beautiful bride right now.

I recommend you call the ones close to you and even the ones you may have had issues in the past with. It doesn’t matter because tomorrow is never guaranteed and pride is easily overlooked for love and compassion towards others.

hang in there brother. Time will heal the current pain. Remember the man for what he meant to you. This time on earth is just a waiting room to a glorious place where you will one day be by his side again.

In my lifetime, I suffered many losses and catastrophic events which took its toll on me. But through all the pain and suffering, and when I thought I was all alone. God reassured me, he was with me, and he would see me thorough each ordeal. My advice to you, is this " Cast your cares upon him for he cares for you" Jesus has sustained me through the greatest difficulties of my life.

Sorry for your loss. Prayers Incoming for you and your family.
I recently "well just past a year now" I lost my very best friend, band mate in the early years, confidant we did everything together. Even after he moved to Los Angeles we talked several times a week and then I would visit and then he would visit. We always were at each others family reunions, Christmas, birthdays, etc.. Over 40 years of friendship he was my true brother.
His loss has been a big struggle with me I have my Good days and I have my Hell days with his passing and moving forward in life. We were both going to retire to Florida and play at some crappy tiki bar as a duo. Oh yeah and grow our hair out like a couple of old hippies like we were in our younger days.
All I can offer you is to pray daily, unfortunately its a day by day scenario to deal with the loss, not being able to pickup the phone and talk, meeting up and doing things. Try to stay positive and do things to help keep you out of the dark. Talk to people! I'll talk to you. Trust me talking help because in the last year I lost (3) of my oldest friends. One of 40 years, one of 36 years and one of 30 years. Praying, moving and staying positive has helped me!

My prayers and condolences.
I've reached the point where my world just seems to get smaller each day. Family, friends, they all seem to be leaving me at a steady pace.
I had to get a new phone recently and while I was going through my contacts I realized that a surprising number of them where no longer with us. I couldn't bring myself to erase the contacts because doing so would to me be deleting their memory. I cling to those memories of them because as long as I have those they're still and always will be a part of my life.

Best I can offer is that you’ll be that man who dies one day - spend every waking moment building the life the life that will be remembered fondly........

Build your legacy - enjoy doing it - there is a heaven.

Peace to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family to have strength during this phase of your life.
Contact your clergy for help and counselling.

Back
Top Bottom