• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How did you meet your wife?

After reading these I realize my Dad has nothing on you guys. After my Mom died he was married again in 4 months. That lasted 47 yrs. After she passed, he was married again in 7 months. Well she passed after 3 years. Stage 4 lung and liver cancer. So far, women are telling him he's too old......
I dont know about old but definitely hard to LIVE with.

Met on a blind date .

This was back in 1993 before the internet .
I had bought an 18 wheeler tractor in 1989 , and I was doing regional and local runs .

I was home most nights but usually late , around midnight when I got back to the truck terminal .

I placed an ad in the personals section of the AJC .

Looking for :
“ emotionally stable, sassy, confident woman “

She wanted to meet at a pizza place that I wasn’t familiar with , so she tells me how to get there “ get off at Howell mill take a left and it’s on the right “
Me being a trucker I asked “ are there any landmarks or anything I should look for ?”

She replied “ it’s a big pink building , you’d have to be a complete moron not to find it , in which case I wouldn’t want to meet you anyway “ and hung up the phone

Maybe I shouldn’t have asked for sassy ….

After the pizza place closed at midnight , we just drove around in my pickup and talked .

She was cute , brilliant (just finished her masters degree in mathematics ) drove a manual transmission car. No crazy . And no drama .
and had been recruited in college by the USAF for a civilian instructor position .

I had dated enough crazy chicks and drama queens and
I wasn’t gonna let this girl get away .

She was in town for a few weeks , between graduation and starting the new job , staying with an aunt and uncle for the summer till the new job started , mostly being taxi driver to take her 10 yr old nephew to Boy Scouts (he made eagle ) and tennis lessons etc .

By the third date I was shopping for a ring.
And I moved to the town near the base where she had already rented an apartment . She conveniently found me an apartment directly across the hall from her , free, because one of the soldiers was being deployed for six months and wanted someone to stay with his cat .

I proposed about four months later and we got married 14 months after we met.

She said that when we got in my pickup to ride around and I had a cassette tape of hymns playing , that she thought I might be a nice guy , and then when I didn’t try to kiss her at the end of the first date , she was certain I was a nice guy .

I dunno how many other guys can say that a cassette tape of Andy Griffith singing old gospel songs got them a second date , but I can .

Our 24 yr old is getting married soon to a wonderful girl he attended high school with and connected again with on a dating site , a few years after HS .
She likes hunting and fishing and working on old cars and was likely the only girl at her college that was CCW , so she’s gonna fit right in .

My wife and I started out working at the same company. She had recently purchased a 1972 Datsun 240z and had aluminum slotted wheels put on. They started to fade so, as a nice co-worker, I suggested she let me take it home and shine them up for her. I did so, also took my girlfriend out for a drive in it before returning the car to her. I did such a nice job on the wheels she took me out to dinner as a thank you.....That was in 1974, we got married in '75. Every car since then has always had a set of aftermarket wheels put on them.

Mrs Wilson's World History Class...

I'd seen my future wife around school. She was in the band and on the drill team. She was in the 10th grade and I was in the 11th. She had a scheduling conflict and was allowed to take an 11th grade class as a 10th grader. So I snagged the desk behind her's in Mrs Wilson's World History class. I wound up taking two quarters of typing to be with her and we both worked on the school paper. Tall, blue-eyed blonde who wound up being her year's valedictorian. She was way out of my league, but it worked out.

She's the tall drink of water in the front. We've changed in 47 years, but this is how I see her.
View attachment 6167853View attachment 6167854
she is BEAUTIFUL!

Back
Top Bottom