• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How did you meet your wife?

After reading these I realize my Dad has nothing on you guys. After my Mom died he was married again in 4 months. That lasted 47 yrs. After she passed, he was married again in 7 months. Well she passed after 3 years. Stage 4 lung and liver cancer. So far, women are telling him he's too old......

After reading these I realize my Dad has nothing on you guys. After my Mom died he was married again in 4 months. That lasted 47 yrs. After she passed, he was married again in 7 months. Well she passed after 3 years. Stage 4 lung and liver cancer. So far, women are telling him he's too old......

Cheaper than a laundry service ??

I got you all beat on this one. I shot trap games at my small local gun club on Thursday nights. A fellow shooters wife brought her girlfriend out to the club one Thursday evening as we winding down. After shooting was over and everything was closed which was generally around 10:15pm or so, and once the guns were put up we'd retreat to the club house; break out the beer and start playing Euchre. Yeah, Euchre's a Yankee thing. As they say, the rest is history. Next year we'll celebrate our 32nd anniversary. We have 3 successful kids between us and 4 grandbabies, just added the 3rd grandson last march. She also learned to shoot trap and competitive pistol. She once went deer hunting with me. To date she's one for one. One shot from a Winchester model 1200 slug gun and one buck down. When she was still shooting trap I'd put her up against anyone one from the 27 yard line in an Annie Oakley. If you missed your bird she'd make you sit your ass on the bench. we also shot 410 protection tourneys as a team. Never underestimate a woman with a 410 Remington shooting 3" shells loaded with mag sixes. She just might surprise ya.

Met my lovely bride in college. First day of class I knew. She had a boyfriend. I didn't care, I knew she was the one (yes, I'd been married and divorced after a few years. That's another story).

In a class of about 80 people with only about 8 guys she stood out. She's Beautiful, smart, and (unfortunately for me at the time) has a very acerbic wit.

I pursued her with vigor and just a little restraint.

She actually told her mother that if she ever disappeared I was probably the guy that kidnapped her. I guess I was intense.

For her birthday I sent her flowers and a gift. She called me to say that the gift wasn't cool since she had a boyfriend. (I'd met her boyfriend, let's just say she had a boyfriend as an excuse to not date or deal with any other guys.). She had expected me to be affronted and a real jerk when she called to say "back off". But I was oil and honey and let her know I didn't intend to distress her (I said it a lot better).

She was blown away that I was actually nice! So we started talking more, and more, then dated a couple of times. Then got serious and talked about marriage. First it was going to be after we graduated. Then we moved it to December. Then we said, what the heck, and got married over spring break.

That was 30 years ago. Lots of ups, some downs. She said she knew if she married me she'd never be bored. I pray we never are.

She will say that it was my honest and earnest pursuit that helped win her heart. That and my cooking.

Advice to the younger and those married fewer years: never stop that pursuit. No matter what your hobby is, don't neglect to pursue your wife.

I was 16 working in fast food, the most beautiful brown haired green eyed girl I had ever seen walked in for an interview, I begged the manager to hire her, he did and then I begged her for a date for a few weeks, she was 15 and I had a car so I became her personal driver, lol. Been together for 25 years now, I can’t imagine life without her.

Back
Top Bottom