How did you meet your wife?

Cool thread.
I had known my future wife casually for a few years. She was a friend of my SIL and we occasionally showed up at the same events but had never really spoken or interacted much. She was way out of my league anyway.
We both went to a high school wrestling tournament one weekend. I arrived late and couldn't find a good place to sit. She hollered at me and said I could come sit next to her so I did.
We talked and I told that girl dirty jokes for the next 2 hours and kept her laughing the whole time. Before I left I asked her out and the next weekend we went on our first date and have been together ever since.
Now she's terminally ill and on home hospice. I care for her 24 hours a day and will for as long as God sees fit to leave her with me. They gave her less than six months and that was over 3 years ago. She can't speak but she knows I'm here supporting and loving her. She's been my best friend and partner for 4 decades and I can't imagine what my world will be like without her.
That's enough, I'm getting my phone screen wet.
Like I said...cool thread.

Current wife was a new hire in the office we worked in. Beat the other hounds to her desk and marked my territory (no, figure of speech, didn’t piss on it).
She loved my sense of humor, and we were off to the races.
40+ years ago.

Friend of my mine asked to help carry a Christmas tree up a few flights of stairs to his older sisters appt. As we were setting the tree up in the living room out comes her college roommate, we went out the the next night and the rest is history. Almost 20 years and 2 kids later. She saved me from a dark road I was traveling on and I'm so grateful for the positive change in direction.

Back
Top Bottom