How bout a "non gun friendly business" place

Ikea, Franklin's Gun Shop in Athens GA (I know weird but their is a "no loaded firearm" sign on the door), Toys-R-Us, 7-11, and Publix.

This is a good idea but it would be a big commitment to only patron and purchase from pro (or even neutral) firearms businesses and products.

http://www.pinkpistols.org/antigun.html

I would like to see this as a section though, it would be nice to know about local business.

I carry everywhere...up yours. More than likely you will lose my business rather than me break your "rule" though.

Last edited:
I think Taco-Mac doesn't allow you to carry because they are considered a bar. They aren't like a Chili's bar & grill. Taco-Mac's main revenue source is alcohol.

I'm curious how stores can enforce "rules" that are contrary to "laws"? How can Publix tell me that I can't carry in their store? They aren't a government entity, bar, or any other location that is prohibited by law. How can they make their own "laws"? Just curious...

I think Taco-Mac doesn't allow you to carry because they are considered a bar. They aren't like a Chili's bar & grill. Taco-Mac's main revenue source is alcohol.

I'm curious how stores can enforce "rules" that are contrary to "laws"? How can Publix tell me that I can't carry in their store? They aren't a government entity, bar, or any other location that is prohibited by law. How can they make their own "laws"? Just curious...

Your property, you do what you want. Doesn't mean I agree with it but as long as they aren't breaking a law they can do whatever they want.

It is taco macs policy to not allow firearms. You are not breaking any laws by carrying there, but if asked to leave, you must or you will be trespassing.

If publix wants to stop anyone from entering that is wearing a pink shirt, that is their right.
Private property owners can set their own rules.

Strange to hear about Publix, I worked there through half of high school and most of college and never heard anything about no carry rules unless you were an associate which did tick me off. I even remember the phrasing in the handbook "obviously, weapons and the work place do not mix". My position involved handling a lot of cash, working with the armored guards and even helping change out the ATM cash. Our guards were a complete joke too, one of them would even talk on his cellphone while we're standing there with $20-30k in cash in front of everyone. But as far as customers, we were never told it was against the rules or anything like that.

I believe Waffle House is against carry. Of course so are any of the Simon malls (Mall of Georgia, Discover Mills).

Most gun shops I've ever been in with the exception of Bullseye have no carry rules. I used to think this was really stupid, until I was in Davids one day and a guy walks in, starts drawing from concealed, while saying "I want to find a better holster for this". He manages to sweep me and another guy with the gun at the same time. So I can at least see both sides of the argument now, its a little different when people think its ok to draw a loaded gun in your store.

My understanding is its not illegal to carry in these places anyways, the signs have no legal backing. But if you are "made" then asked to leave and refuse then it is trespassing which of course is a crime. But I heard this on the internet, so take that for what you will.

Back
Top Bottom