• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How about a STOLEN WEAPONS Forum (read)

Petro_58

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
20   0
Reaction score
What about a Stolen Weapons Forum. No I lost this or that. A complete description with Serial #, and Picture if available, Point of Contact must be Listed & Local Police Dept. Contact. NO SERIAL # NO LISTING. I've seen other Forums where people just list for example: Stolen out of my Truck, Ruger LCP, Black in color, some scratches, or Remmington .270 my favorite deer rifle stolen from my house, or My friends shotgun got stolen I think it was at the Piggly Wiggly stolen out of his car. Anything like this is not acceptable.
What would be is:
Date: 11/04/10
State: Georgia
Brand: Ruger
Model: LCP
Caliber:9mm
Serial: XXXXX
Accesories or Distinguishing Identification Marks: Bushnell Lite Sight Scope, Severe Scratches on left of slide, hammer broken.
Contact Local Law Enforcement: Leo BustAss
Ph:###-$$$-@@@@
Your Name: Im Pissed
Ph#: ###-$$$-@@@@
Reward: Darn Right

Or something similar. It has to have some kind of format to it. This is just a rough idea. Ya can't just list some crappy description.

I like the idea, if I remember GGT used to have a couple different locations stolen weapons reports.

The list could include LEO reports from various locales, as well as members personal ones, should they so choose.
Would help keep those weapons from possibly being posted here as well.

I like the idea but I don't know if there is enough information to justify a dedicated forum. How about for now stuff like this can be posted in the firearm's chat area?

OS,
Do you mean like a Sub Forum under firearms chat? Just an opinion, but I would think that you would try to limit it to pertinent information and not general chat. And so that it could be easily filtered, or searched and looked at by people that are looking to check to see if what their buying (not just from here) is Stolen etc. That's why some type of Format would be needed that has Real Information. Just trying to garner some more input and ideas. Don't want to complicate it to much though. Come on guys chime in.

Last edited:
How bout making a Sticky post in the pertinant sections and let people add their stolen guns accordingly. Set an example for format and let the mods message members who don't supply the necessary info. Anyone who won't supply the required info can be deleted.

Back
Top Bottom