Housing market is the wild wild west. Any real-estate fellas on here?

What goes up must come down. I see 2008 minus the crazy banking. There will be an adjustment soon.
we never got out of the 2008 burst; alot of people just assumed we did. its gonna be 2008 times itself for every year it didnt balance

so, 2008 plus 13 years of hot potato ****ery

Pay $250k for a house at 3 percent
Or pay 90k for it after the crash at 5-6 percent

it’s all hypothetical of course....but which makes better financial sense? But just because? Or wait until your available house choices improve?
yup

or just save your money, put into crypto or other asset thats not USD, watch USD fall, then pay cash for the whole thing

**** banks and credit :)

lol everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that half the ****ers in atlanta havent paid rent since the covid scandemic started. what, you think they are going to pay their landlords and apartment complexs the back rent ever?

when the feel good nonsense stop, corporate america will say "**** you, pay me".

i see rinse wash and repeat of the AIG bailout except geared towards large property management companies, banks, and maybe some slumlords. the gov will either allow a massive default by X number of broke renters which will gut check the landlord/homeowners or they will bail out the landlords. either way its gonna drive values way, way ****ing down

When we bought our House in 2001, the rates were 9%

plug that in your mortgage calculator and see what it does to your monthly payment.

i keep seeing houses in Smyrna on Zillow with price reductions .

so evidently the market is not insane everywhere

People have been saying the housing market is going to crash "next year" for the past 5 years. I never understood throwing money away in rent. If you can afford a house and find one you like, get it.

easy, bad credit, they cant get a loan

Plus, some folks just dont want the upkeep of a home

there is not much inventory right now, you may have to settle, odds of you finding something you really like and making it happen are slim. Pretty much have to take off work to watch the market, homes are under contract in less than 24 hours now. You better be on top of it and willing to pay over asking. Its crazy right now.

The housing market will correct itself in the next few years, rent until that happens

my buddies in the rental business are selling everything they have. just getting too much for their houses now plus they dont have to deal with rentors and upkeep anymore. They are retirement age though. May not be much to rent oustide of lofts or apartments, and I'm hearing those are slim.

Good friend manages and own most of 700 properties, he may have only a few vacant at any given time.

my buddies in the rental business are selling everything they have. just getting too much for their houses now plus they dont have to deal with rentors and upkeep anymore. They are retirement age though. May not be much to rent oustide of lofts or apartments, and I'm hearing those are slim.

Good friend manages and own most of 700 properties, he may have only a few vacant at any given time.
this, all the landlords i know with multiple homes are selling now because its at the peak

a sellers market is never a good time to buy

we never got out of the 2008 burst; alot of people just assumed we did. its gonna be 2008 times itself for every year it didnt balance

so, 2008 plus 13 years of hot potato ****ery
In 2006 if you could build it it would sell, same now. I just got my 30 day pricing from one vendor. 47 dollar osb. In 06 it probably peaked around 16

Back
Top Bottom