• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hot Rod Help Needed

Tex06

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
9   0
Reaction score
Ok guys, I consider myself a little bit of a gear head but I've hit a wall on this one. I'm trying to set up dual carb linkage on a Chevy 235 and it's just not happening for me. Is there anyone willing to come out to Snellville this Sunday and either assist or bring their classic that I can pattern off of? This truck is for my brother and I'm willing to pay in food, beer, car parts, money, guns, hell I might even break out some of my .22 stash for this.

Attachments

• DSC_0564.jpg
    DSC_0564.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 26
Try this! You might be able to contact this guy if you have further questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys, I consider myself a little bit of a gear head but I've hit a wall on this one. I'm trying to set up dual carb linkage on a Chevy 235 and it's just not happening for me. Is there anyone willing to come out to Snellville this Sunday and either assist or bring their classic that I can pattern off of? This truck is for my brother and I'm willing to pay in food, beer, car parts, money, guns, hell I might even break out some of my .22 stash for this.

Now that's a good brother right there! Wish I could help you out, but it looks like a good start in the video above.

I've never set one up before, but I have been researching/considering a chevy 6 cylinder for my next project truck. Do you know - is the linkage progressive or are you trying to sync the carbs the open at the same rate?

I should ask first: Are you fabricating a linkage or did you buy setup?

Last edited:
You want progressive setup. One should act as a slave to the primary.

My thought too.

I'm not sure what carbs you are using, but if you are building a linkage setup you may find it easier to go with a Tom Langdon setup. It uses two Carter carbs and a progressive linkage for probably the most pain free setup. The other advantage is that it is a reliable setup that doesn't require constant adjustment. Langdon is an ex GM engineeer and knows his stuff.

http://www.langdonsstovebolt.com/store/#!/Fuel-&-Induction/c/361512/inview=product1222024&offset=0&sort=normal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom