hornady leverevolution .357 with my revolver

Buck119

Default rank <4500 posts
Beretta Aficionado
220   0
Reaction score
Few days ago I posted some question about hornady leverevolution in 30-30. To confirm my total ignorance about these ammo.....

I have no idea why I have them but I have found two boxes of 357 magnum in my stash. Do you think they would be effective for hunting/back up if used with my 4" 686?

aren't they loaded for a 357 rifle , might be a little hot for a pistol gonna kick like donkey..

I use to shoot the lever-evo in my 45/70 and they would thump the shyt out of you..

Last edited:
aren't they loaded for a 357 rifle , might be a little hot for a pistol gonna kick like donkey..

I use to shoot the lever-evo in my 45/70 and they would thump the shyt out of you..

Don't kick any more than Buffalo Bore stuff. Come to Oglethorpe county and shoot some 45/70 LeverEvo out of my contender! It'll put a knot on yer head!

I'd say the Hornady ammo would be ok through your 686. It's loaded to SAAMI specs. I loaded up some Keith loads and ran them through my 686...well I shot six of them. I ran the rest through my rifle and my Model 28. :)

Leverevolution ammo is soft tipped so rounds stacked up in a tube mag will not go off in the tube. They will work fine in any revolver, if you want to spend the money.

As you know the Hornady leverevolution rounds are designed for lever rifles with a tube magazine rather than a revolver. I don't see why you could not shoot them in a revolver, but it does seem to be a waste. I have a lever rifle and would be happy to trade you pistol rounds for the rifle rounds.

Ive shot leverevolution 357 in my lcr357 shot fine no more recoil than other 357 i stopped carrying it after seeing tests i wouldnt expand outta a short barrel
Should work great from a 4 in

Back
Top Bottom