Hopefully back into it again. picked up new toy to try

Codyology

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
Well I shoot bows when I was younger and lost interest in my teenage years. Due to ladies and trucks. Then a few years back I got a bow cheap browning if I remember right shoot it a bit. Then not long after getting it I got messed up at work. A patient that weighed 529 pounds decided to use my arm to pull themselves up in the bed. I ended up on the floor shoulder out of place. Jacked up elbow and back. Well I've been shooting the crossbow for a while now finally got a doe with it about a month ago now. But I've been slowing working on the shoulder lifting weighs since it still is awful. But the itch has never left.
So i put the sks is up for trade on fb never liked it really. Well about 30 mins later I come home with this tonight.
The shoulder seemed ok for a couple pull backs on it so ill see what happens.
Got put new fiber optic in a couple of the pins and sight in.
The smoothness of it is what helps the shoulder. Probably the easiest 70lbs ive pulled back
I didn't want to go buy a new bow and everything crap out and I can't use it.
So i got this. Honestly i love it so far super light compared to the old ones i did shoot.
Got a new string on it right before bow season. Got arrows and broadheads. Couple other things too.
Now ive got to dig out my favorite old release out of the closet only thing I didn't get rid off before.
Hopefully can knock down a few more does before the season ends.
Mathews Drenalin
img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20131113_203802.jpg

Sweet rig....Must be something to Mathews hype the few TV hunters I know personally use them and love them, believe me every time I go to KY and hunt with a couple of them they give me a good natured ribbing for shooting a PSE..lol

QUESTION FOR YOU..... That bow is pretty quick why not back off to 60 or 65# instead of 70

I've shot my friends pse and liked his almost bought. One friend does target and 3d. His bow lord it's amazing to shoot but he has anout the same.amount I have into my whole fishing boat into that bow. Its the top hoyt which ever that one is in orange. Heck when the guy offered it i said heck yea. Im not a brand snob if it can take a deer down thats good.

I plan on backing it down since I'm going to change the pin setup the guy had. Just wanted the option of going that high. Going to take it to nontypical archery get him to put new fiber optic in since a few bottom pins are missing them. The guy set it up at 25 and 30 yards and put the rest of the sights down at the bottom and not using them which puzzled me.

Nice always glad to see people into archery. Now go shoot a new hoyt or obsession ittl Make your cock feel like it's made of concrete

Back
Top Bottom