• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda vs the World

So bought the wife a brand new 2005 Honda Pilot EXL back in the day because she had twins the year before and we needed a "family" car. It was loaded with leather, entertainment system, etc.

Flash forward to today. It has maybe 106k miles? Son #1 has adopted it. He's replaced the brakes, engine oil, transmission fluid, spark plugs...and the headlights. Had to take the front end off to replace the headlights because they were a little fuzzy.

IMG_3762.JPG
IMG_3764.JPG

Oh, he's also replaced the accessory belt and flushed the power steering fluid 'cause it was starting to howl a bit.

Over the 15 years I've changed the engine oil every year or so always using synthetic Mobil or Castrol, whichever was on sale.

So yeah, Honda has it goin' on in our family.

Rover all the way. You can fix anything on a real rover with bubble gum and duct tape (OK and adjustable wrench and Arc Welder help too)
i179.photobucket.com_albums_w317_spcterry_photo_22_1.jpg

My other car is a Mercedes that gets great mileage, requires little maintenance and has all the creature comforts one could ever want.

My best friend just spent $7000 on replacing a Rover transmission. You don't exactly go to the junkyard and pick one up.

I'll ask him how much bubble gum that bought.

Man what is it with these 10-year-old treads lately?

That being said, I have owned more Honda sport bikes than any other brand. They are definitely the most reliable and the most comfortable. I also have a 20+ year-old Honda Accord that I still drive on a daily basis. I pulled the engine out to rebuild it a few years ago and much to my surprise, it barely even needed to be bored after 220k. I also have an old Honda XR200 dirt bike that has so much wear on the engine that the camshaft has worn down into the bearings and the oil seal is egg-shaped. It always starts on the 1st or 2nd kick though and I have sent it flipping end over end across my yard multiple times from wheelies that got away from me. Never managed to break it and it still runs like a champ. Honda definitely makes some solid stuff

Back
Top Bottom