• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Homeowner shoots 1 of 5 burgerlers and other 4 are charged with his murder

Someone should send the author of the article to some remedial English classes. There are more grammatical errors in this story than most ODT posts.

The defense took turns cross-examining Scott. Bringing to the jury’s attention the discrepancy between the number of bullets he remembers loading and firing from his gun and the actually number of clips the 9mm handheld.

Sad a person lost their life and 4 other teens life is ruined but hell they made their choice to break into that mans home and need to suffer the consequences. Wonder how the home owner is holding up.

Sad a person lost their life and 4 other teens life is ruined but hell they made their choice to break into that mans home and need to suffer the consequences. Wonder how the home owner is holding up.

You always seem like a kind hearted guy and I hate to disagree with you but, **** that guy that lost his life. Just sayin.

Good. Felony murder = someone (anyone) dies during the commission of a felony and all involved get the murder wrap. Also agree that the homeowner didn't murder the intruder. Murder is a legal term that requires certain elements (e.g., an unlawful killing with malice). He killed the intruder. Too bad the others will one day be back on the streets.

I personally like the Cherokee carjacking where one perp is hitting the victim with the gun and it discharges killing one of the other perps.

I like it but this is like saying the homeowner murdered the invader. Should it not be self defense? I just don't see where there was a murder?
If a person is killed during the commission of a felony, they face murder charges. Not sure if it's like that in every state but every one I'm familiar with. Had they not decided to commit the felony burglary, nobody would have been killed. He was killed due to THEIR actions, not the homeowner defending himself and his property.

Interesting take on it. A agree with self-defense as mentioned above but the other 4 were involved. Murder seems a bit far...manslaughter maybe. Was the one shot the ringleader? Maybe just take a few fingers from each. Or tattoo "Thief" on their foreheads.....

Back
Top Bottom