• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Home improvement junkies, got any insulation info?

VanillaGuerrilla

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of my fellow odt'ers had ever insulated some flooring. I've got insulation between the joists under my floors and it's held in place by the wire pieces. My floor is still cold as heck in the winter time. Is there anything else I can do? I'm googling but getting a lot of jumbled info. Thanks guys!

A couple companys around the will do spray in foam insulation between the floor joist , this will make it a lot more air tight, its not cheap but might be better

Heat rises and cold air falls... floors are hard to keep warm if they are not heated from underneath. I have spray foam on my floors over my garage and they are still cooler than desired. I think the key is to keep the heat low. But always more insulation is better.

Heat rises and cold air falls... floors are hard to keep warm if they are not heated from underneath. I have spray foam on my floors over my garage and they are still cooler than desired. I think the key is to keep the heat low. But always more insulation is better.

This is what I have as well. I just have wear warm socks around the house. I think the only way to guarantee warm floors is radiant heat which is big money

Second the spray foam. I had my attic sealed with it. thats right no more vented attic. lower heat and cool bills it paid for itself in two years

Back
Top Bottom