• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Home Defense scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It aint rocket science. Probably easier alone though. so you dont flag the **** out of your battle buddy

Might not be rocket science but it is a bit different in a civilian context w/o fully auto. M-4's, frag. grenades, flashbangs, backup, or comms,.... and in most cases a plate carrier/ b.p. vest.
Not to mention family or neighbors who might be hit by errant fire.

The safest thing for me to do is hole up in a room, call 911, lock the door, block the door with furniture (if I can, quietly), THEN yell a verbal warning that I've called the cops and that I have a gun.

The best thing for society and my community would be to sneak around the house popping any home invader I see, making sure to give each one an extra cap to the head just to be sure, and taking their weapons as I move along.

I know my house better than they do. I know all the hiding spots. And I know the difference between real cover (there isn't much) and mere concealment. If I know the're home-invading criminals and one of them is in my living room hiding behind my Lay-Z-Boy chair, I might shoot through the chair. I'm not going to stand up and challenge him to a duel.

But the legal "safe choice" here, and probably the choice that protects ME the best (highest odds of survival) is to take a defensive position and prepare to lower the boom on them if they come to me.

The safest thing for me to do is hole up in a room, call 911, lock the door, block the door with furniture (if I can, quietly), THEN yell a verbal warning that I've called the cops and that I have a gun.

The best thing for society and my community would be to sneak around the house popping any home invader I see, making sure to give each one an extra cap to the head just to be sure, and taking their weapons as I move along.

I know my house better than they do. I know all the hiding spots. And I know the difference between real cover (there isn't much) and mere concealment. If I know the're home-invading criminals and one of them is in my living room hiding behind my Lay-Z-Boy chair, I might shoot through the chair. I'm not going to stand up and challenge him to a duel.

But the legal "safe choice" here, and probably the choice that protects ME the best (highest odds of survival) is to take a defensive position and prepare to lower the boom on them if they come to me.
The legal choice and the choice to preserve your family's life are two different things.

7/10 would sneak around house with

So your holed up with the kids in a defensive position say lieing prone..kids on one side of the room away from any potential lines of fire...do you yell out that your armed and called the cops or just blast through the door as soon as you hear or see them at the door?

We need another pic of Jenna to better understand what the hell she is saying.. I think that will help.

So your holed up with the kids in a defensive position say lieing prone..kids on one side of the room away from any potential lines of fire...do you yell out that your armed and called the cops or just blast through the door as soon as you hear or see them at the door?

We need another pic of Jenna to better understand what the hell she is saying.. I think that will help.

A simple and easy rule to remember is one round per syllable yelled. The holes in the door help ventilate the room and give you a better site picture. Hope that helps but anymore information and you'll have to take my class with Super tactical hardcore operator measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom