• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Holsters becoming more expensive?

Nguyeneh

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
So today I decided to go against my better judgment and pick up a new P365(it's awesome), to become my new daily carry. Anyways I went through the ritual of shopping online for a new holster. Up till now my favorite go to place has always been Gearcraft holsters a local Georgia company. I've noticed however that over the last couple of years their prices have gotten pretty crazily high. Recently I've noticed that the IWB holster has shot up past $80 not to include the amenities such as the must have ulticlip and some other flashlight accessories that skyrockets it to past $120. I love their quality and the fact that they're local but lately I just can't justify spending that much money when I can turn to another place that may not be local but I'm willing to pay the shipping which is still around a $50 dollar difference with shipping included. I ended up only paying about $60 after a friendly military discount was inxluded.
I'm not here to call out Gearcraft or anything but was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I probably would have stuck it out with gearcraft but when I saw the 8 week lead time I grew impatient and went with the other company. Opinions?

Yeah... It's not just holsters either. Even firearms manufacturers have jumped on the sky rocket band wagon in some degree as well. I loved running guncrafter industries IWB set ups until all this "Gucci" looking stuff came out and jumped prices almost double in some instances. I see what you're talking about.

Here's my go to for kydex holsters, in particular, the Gunfighter model. Usually under $50 with shipping. They usually sub the pancake style loops for no charge. It's convertable to IWB with the proper clips.

https://kt-mech.com/im_menu_gf.html

With my VP9:
DSC_0007.jpg

I havent looked into Gearcraft, currently on the hunt for some Safariland gear or some nice leather but I brought a RDR holster and its pretty good. Only like $40.

Back
Top Bottom