• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hog Hunt at Flint River WMA July 9-14

I went on a few of these and found hardly any hunters there.Hardly any hogs,either.I haven`t been there in 2-3 years,though.Last time I was there you couldnt camp on the WMA.There was a field on the right where you enter that had a number to call if you wanted to camp.Probably had a fee.Used to be a lot of hogs there at one time.

i doubt ill be going now. after thinking about, i realize that the river is going to be severely high after all this rain. im not looking to swim around the wma all day.

You can hunt hogs with small game weapons during small game season on most WMA's. Muzzleloaders are listed as small game weapons. Things quiet down after the deer season so Jan and Feb are good months to score hogs on WMA's using muzzleloaders.

I went this past weekend. Coming in I had seen 8-10 hogs just south of the WMA entrance. I hunted the south and southeast boarders next to the peanut fields. Plenty of fresh signs but no hogs during hunting hours. Also checked the southern most swamp and the signs were pretty slim.

I took my 8yr old son on his first hunt and he had a good time, so it was worth the trip. We had a couple of coyotes sniffin the tent at 4:30am. The deer are huge there. About hit two driving through and jumped a few. All In all it was a good time.

Back
Top Bottom