• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HK SL8 Back in Stock for $1k @ PSA

SL-8

Single stack

Not a drop in conversion to double stack

“American SL8's will not accept high-capacity magazines unless the single-lug SL8 bolt head is replaced with a double-lug G36 bolt head, the magazine well is replaced, and the receiver is modified to permit insertion of a wider magazine body. However, such modifications to SL8 rifles (or indeed to any imported rifles) have significant implications under the 1968 Gun Control Act, which prohibits (inter alia) the assembly from imported parts of rifles that could not themselves be imported. Persons contemplating such modifications should consult the Firearms Technology Branch of BATF, located in Martinsburg, West Virginia.””

There are swap kits out there, nothing I'd be interested in but these still seem to sell out fast.

A quick search came up with a price of around $600 for the swap. I'd rather buy a Jakl and skip the HK hassle but people out there really like HK items.

There are swap kits out there, nothing I'd be interested in but these still seem to sell out fast.

A quick search came up with a price of around $600 for the swap. I'd rather buy a Jakl and skip the HK hassle but people out there really like HK items.
JAKL: $1100. HK Sticker: $2.99

Converting to a double stack requires modification to the receiver (you have to cut an inlay) as well as a G-36 Bolt and a G-36 type of magwell. It is costly. I had mine converted to a G-36 clone, but it was not cheap. An SL8 Shoots well, but with a thumbhole stock, Single stack trigger, non threaded barrel , and a "meh" trigger, unless you are either an HK collector or want to use is as basis for something else (like me) I would not buy one.. My $.02

Back
Top Bottom