Hitch mounted deer gambrel

Justin87

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
35   0
Reaction score
My friend and I put this together this afternoon. Total investment of $65 dollars and it'll outlast the truck it's mounted on. Now all I need is something to hang on it.
20191125_155422_Film1.jpg

Looks great! Try adding a crank type boost wrench to it, you'll love it.
That's the plan. I also plan on painting it or adding a coat of bed liner. I also thought about adding a dolly to the bottom for added stability. Not sure I really even need it though. It's already way over built.

I would also consider making it swivel so once the deer is field dressed you could just rotate it around and drop it in the bed but then I am old and have a bad back so I look for every short cut I can when it comes to lifting.

I would also consider making it swivel so once the deer is field dressed you could just rotate it around and drop it in the bed but then I am old and have a bad back so I look for every short cut I can when it comes to lifting.
I'll probably just gut it where it falls. Should be relatively easy to load it up after that. I'm fairly young and in decent shape though.

Very nice. Throw one of these on there and itll be perfect. Google a 20% off coupon code also.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/winches/1000-lb-capacity-hand-winch-65688.html
I actually got the gambrel at Harbor Freight. It came with the rope and pulleys so I figured I would at least give them a shot before getting the winch. To be honest though, I'll probably end up putting one on it anyway. Mainly just trying to minimize the investment for now to keep the wife happy.

Back
Top Bottom