• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hiring Surveyors

I need the corners identified and flashed on an 84 acre parcel of land in Douglas county - some OTJ training for your new hires :)

Everybody starts at the bottom. If you want a job and can prove in an interview that you are interested, motivated and want to do the job you will have no trouble landing a gig.

I'll give you a little advice.

As the owner of a small company and someone who has managed people for 15+ years the best employees are the ones that try the hardest. Show up early, ask questions, be ready to do whatever you can to help. Try to think one step ahead. Make your boss know that he can count on you. A good attitude and wanting to do a good job will get you a long way.

I know this is an old thread, but I just want to say that this advice is absolutely golden.

My niece manages temp employee accounts for large clients like Honda and she pulls her hair out every day trying to get people to show up and just do their damned jobs - and for very good money and benefits and the prospect of being brought on permanently if they just SHOW THE HELL UP and do what they are paid to do.

When they are let go after weeks of unreliable work habits they just stare at her and say "What'd I do? That ain't fair!"

Sorry for the delay in response. The position has been filled for now.

Please don't get your feelings hurt if I didn't call you back. I've been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest for the last 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom