Henry now making revolvers?

SirBannedAlot

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
171   0
Reaction score

Do Want.jpg

They look to me like something from the late 1800’s. Maybe a Colt Thunderer or Lightning. Perhaps that’s the idea, but… Those grips….
Not a fan of the design.

Any particular reason? Or just because there are so many established brands with proven track records?

It looks nice enough...

Mainly because they're new to the market with these models.

I expect they're reliable enough, but I'd want to see them develop some track record first - despite the fact that this obviously isn't the same situation as a Hudson H9 or a Remington R51.

I might change my mind if I took up cowboy action shooting though. But even then, I'd probably want something that looked more like this:

1686769550601.jpeg

Mainly because they're new to the market with these models.

I expect they're reliable enough, but I'd want to see them develop some track record first - despite the fact that this obviously isn't the same situation as a Hudson H9 or a Remington R51.

I might change my mind if I took up cowboy action shooting though. But even then, I'd probably want something that looked more like this:

View attachment 5834215

To go with the Big Boy X that looks like this:

proxy-image

(although mine has Rangerpoint accessories and a Dead Air can.)

Who DOESN'T want a Moses Brother Self-Defense Engine Frontier Model B?!

I cleaned a model 57 Iver Johnson Target revolver yesterday for a neighbor and the Henry looks very similar to that gun. It's almost a replica of the Iver Johnson but the one I cleaned had a six inch barrel. Hitting the 4 inch plate at 100 is impressive and is up to Henry Rifle standards.

I really am not a fan of just the barrel and ejector like the former post indicated. It would look a lot more attractive with a shrouded ejector. I would be a player with a couple different styling features.
I am glad to see them branch out because I love their rifles.

Back
Top Bottom