Help with Crossbow scope

Ken Ford

Default rank 5000+ posts
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
175   0
Reaction score
My cross bow shoots 4 dots low at 20 yards. It is adjusted fully out but I cannot get it in the cross hairs. The front needs to go lower or the back higher.
Any suggestions?

tacos work.
what kind of bolts you shootin? (don't know much about cross bow bolts but i know good bit about arrows)
possibly change the rings out? (front to back)
i dont think shims would work because then the scope wouldn't sit right in the bottom ring.
maybe check the mounts to make sure they are the same size and possibly get a taller mount for rear?

You got a micrometer? Could be rings have a 20 or so moa elevation difference. Measure ring height. What brand of crossbow are you shooting? horton has a elevation adjustment knob on the side. when you put on the new scope/ base you didn't lose the spring did you? would cause the scope to be pointing to high ie. front end up shooting low.

It's a Ten Point and a Horton scope.

I don't think it's the bolts, they are the proper type. And at 300+ fps I don't think it should make that much difference at 20 yds.
But then again that's why I'm asking here. I am newbie to xbolts.
What spring? There was not one installed.

I swapped the rings but it only helped a little. I had my scope adjustment caps off in my pocket. I just noticed that one of them is damaged, could the whole scope be bent?

If you got the scope new take it back. Could have been damaged in shipping. I have 2 hortons and 2 horton scopes. They both have springs that fit into a notch cut into the front of the scope mount base and they are not attatched to the base. So they fall out every time I remove the scope and base. Is there any way to adjust the base on the ten points? Is the base a ten point base or is the base what came with the horton scope?

BTW your avatar is cracking me up lol.

Not sure why I didn't think of this before take a picture of the set-up and post it would make it easier to diagnose what the problem is and possibly something someone has dealt with before.

Back
Top Bottom