• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help me NFA Gurus .300BLK vs 5.56 suppressed SBRs

44mag bolt vs 300aac bolt. 300 was quieter.
14179214848221389073591.jpg
Thats for you lax

your 245gr will never grow up and flower into a beautiful expanded projectile.
You're beautiful expanded projectile will never be 300BLK.

You shoot $1 rounds into mud hills
And steel plates.

Anyone playing subsonic flight pattern is killing paper or Chechnyans (pro-tip: you aren't killing Chechnyans)

you'll still end up shooting 208gr subs if you ever hunt with it

Pro-tip: You don't know me.
Ps: I hunt with 245gr coated bullets from Missouri Bullet Company.

You own a 45acp bolt gun because you know that **** is good
True. I shot 200 rounds through it the first time out. It is ridiculously fun. :nod:

Im pretty impressed with my 300blk in the bolt. Sounds better than the 44, though i wasnt shooting 44 spl out of it.

What rnds are more impressive out of the bokt gun besides 22?

Im pretty impressed with my 300blk in the bolt. Sounds better than the 44, though i wasnt shooting 44 spl out of it.

What rnds are more impressive out of the bokt gun besides 22?

As far as sound signature? A .45acp out of a 16" barrel and Octane 45 is .22lr subs quiet.

As far as terminal ballistics? .44special, .45 acp, and .460 subs come to mind.

i wasnt shooting 44 spl out of it.

Youre prior opinions are invalidated. seriously subs are awesome out of it. Not sure if they meter lower, but the tone is so deep it's like barry white satisfying.

Speaking of satisfying! I got this for you and romy, I forget where you type of people meet up for this kind of thing, where should I send it?

toywithme.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_04_fist.jpg

This is just my opinion so take it for what it is. Unless you are on an entry team subsonic 300 Blk is a neat range toy but not much else. I own one, and from time to time I load subs up in it, but from what I have seen beyond shooting people or paper those subs are pretty useless.

I have a 1/4" mild steel plate set up at the edge of the woods on my property. I shoot at it often with 22 LR and it reports and nice "twang" back. 22 doesn't do anything but knock off the paint, 9mm and 45 dent it, 5.56, 7.62x39, 17 hmr, 22 mag, and 300 BLK supersonic all have bored a hole right through it. As I said, it is mild steel. 220 gr subsonic 300 blk doesn't dent it, doesn't penetrate it, in fact doesn't do anything to it except knock off paint just like the 22 LR. When 17 hmr and 22 mag are going through the steel and subsonic 300 blk isn't even denting it, (which as I said 230gr 45 ACP does) it tells me that there just isn't much of anything behind that bullet.

As I said, neat toy but beyond that not much utility.

Back
Top Bottom