Help me choose a scope...

Cason

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
20   0
Reaction score
So I traded into a new to me Savage 93R17. MAN what a fun gun this is! It's an absolute tack driver. I was getting .35MOA after zeroing and I don't even consider myself to be that good of a long gun shooter. Anyways, it came with a good Bushnell scope. It's super clear and serves as a good hunting optic, but I am wanting something more flexible for both hunting and target shooting. I'd like to take this thing out to 200-250 for fun, but also want to be able to nail those 50-100 yard shots on coyotes.

I am torn. I have always liked the Bushnell Elite scopes. Great glass, great price. The target knobs are right up my alley, and again the price is right. However, I can also save 100 bucks and get a Nikon that has capped turrets and have the best of both worlds (besides maybe glass quality which is a big deal to me.).

I guess my main concern about the Elite is that it is a 10x40 fixed power. That's great for the target ranges I plan on shooting, but what about for those semi-close hunting shots? Can anyone with experience in this situation chime in? I am afraid it might be too much power for the closer shots, especially considering I won't have alot of time to adjust before having to take the shot. Look forward to hearing from the masses on this one. Thanks!

Cason

I have the 10x40x50... Stupid zoom, but great for popping the chicken
i40.tinypic.com_2vaxfgg.jpg

With magnification set all the way down, yes. However there's several manufacturers that make scopes tailored for the 17, which I may get. My Barska has so many damn adjustments. I can shoot a gnat at 25 yards, but I gotta play with it too much.

Back
Top Bottom