Help! I Want to Learn All I Can About Crossbows but Have NO Idea Where to Start!

For up to $300 you can get a descent compound crossbow. I prefer recurve crossbows- less moving parts and I can easily replace the string if broken! And btw, Excalibur is made in Canada, best crossbow for the money in my opinion!

Last edited:
For up to $300 you can get a descent compound crossbow. I prefer recurve crossbows- less moving parts and I can easily replace the string if broken! And btw, Excalibur is made in Canada, best crossbow for the money in my opinion!

hes right im wrong I really thought they were made in united states. either way north America haha better than china. when I was looking on website where US is capitalized I messed up.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/content/about

Is a recurve more difficult to pull the strings back over a compound? I guess that's a big concern of mine? I want to make sure I'm not going to have an incredibly difficult time pulling the string/getting it cocked/however you word it lol.

Most crossbows come with cocking devices like that:
untitled.png
if your xbow doesn't come with it you can always buy it, it's not expensive.

Watch Craigslist, get a Barnett, Horton, PSE, Excalibur, TenPoint..... Spend about $250, do a good check for frayed strings or cracks in the arms, especially near the mounting hardware. Don't dry-fire it. Most have a safety to prevent this. Most don't get used often, so you should be able to find one that looks like-new for much less than they cost new. If the string is frayed much, or other signs of heavy use, walk away and keep looking.
Get an inexpensive quality xbow, practice with it, and you'll probably be happy with it. If you use mechanical broadheads, get the rear-opening like Rage or NAP.
This, still.
Go with compound.

Back
Top Bottom