Help! 2007 bmw 328i wont start after new battery

I had a part time job at a BMW dealer picking up and delivering cars for service. I could never get over the ridiculous maintenance costs. One customer's car an apparently burnt out taillight bulb......oh no, that's too simple for BMW. It required a lighting computer module for $800. I loved driving them, but I could never afford to own one.

Anybody who is spending that is out of their mind and are probably going to the dealer. I have a 335i (which is for sale btw) and I didn't spend close to that. New, performance tires ran me about $700. Yeah, they don't use a dipstick for the oil but they do have a sensor that tells you how much oil you have displayed on the cluster. The batteries are finicky on them and the electronics are all very sensitive. The power and handling (in my tuned 335i) is mind blowing though. Really, nothing compares.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
With all the new technology in cars it'll be hard to work on them yourself now. I like the the 335 and 435. They are strong and handle well. Gotta love the power of a turbo.

Would you have had to spend the $200 regardless if you knew it beforehand? So you're only out $100 for the towing over what it would have cost you anyway? That's not horrible, all things considered...
The battery was 200 too so an extra unexpected 300. This was my brothers son so if it was me I probably would have bought a scanner that could register the battery to try first. But had I known I would have just brought it to the dealer to change the battery.

A friend of mine was shopping for a first vehicle for his teenage son
They were looking at 5 yr old jeep grand Cherokees

Then he called me from a dealer asking about the BMW SUVs
Said the 5 yr old BMWs were the same price or even less than a Cherokee and he was wanting to know why since BMWs cost a lot more new than a Cherokee

I told him it was repair costs
Call your mechanic and ask for a price on replacing rotors and pads and a water pump on a Cherokee and on a BMW
M you don't want a BMW that's out of warranty

And you also don't want your teenage kids driving a BMW since that will make everyone think you're super rich and snobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine was shopping for a first vehicle for his teenage son
They were looking at 5 yr old jeep grand Cherokees

Then he called me from a dealer asking about the BMW SUVs
Said the 5 yr old BMWs were the same price or even less than a Cherokee and he was wanting to know why since BMWs cost a lot more new than a Cherokee

I told him it was repair costs
Call your mechanic and ask for a price on replacing rotors and pads and a water pump on a Cherokee and on a BMW
M you don't want a BMW that's out of warranty

And you also don't want your teenage kids driving a BMW since that will make everyone think you're super rich and snobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, I know he only got it cause our brother in laws brother wasn't using it and just sold it cheap.

I'm actually gonna do a project car with my son once he gets a little older.

Back
Top Bottom