• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heavyweight (subsonic?) 9MM for less muzzle lift/lower recoil

I agree with the Syntech 150gr having less recoil having shot that out of my Glock 48. I have not shot the defensive version of Syntech however. Best way to pick it up is to check the Federal website early in the morning and see if it shows up in stock. That's how I picked mine up. Wish they had a notification feature.

https://www.federalpremium.com/handgun/syntech/

Low recoil : Light bullet, low velocity and a heavy weighted pistol.
Now you have other factors: Going light bullet and low velocity may not produce enough energy to operate slide to cycle ammo. You may be able to replace recoil spring to a lighter one to aid in this. But remember the action wouldn't be set up for more powerful loads. Also remember for like a bowling pin match heavier bullets would be king. The same for self defense to aid in penetration. Another thing you can try is different powders produce different felt recoil. A push or a snap slow or fast burning. Fast burning is tipically better for a auto loading weapon to cycle action. You'll probably find best results if you tailor a load that suites you and your weapon.

PNR Ammo in Buford makes a 124 and 135gr low recoil subsonic. Mainly for use in PCC. I want to say the 135gr started out being made for an individual that used it in some sort of pistol competition? Could be wrong. They eventually started making it for the public. Definitely not bargain prices, but I’ve never had an issue with their Ammo. I believe I still have some buried in my ammo safe.

Back
Top Bottom