Heart broken

Seriously?

My CLEO completely forgot to fill in his printed name on my SBR form 1. He just signed it and didn't do the rest.

I didn't catch that, and I submitted my packet anyway.

Someone at ATF just filled that in for me and approved my stamp right on schedule. No big deal.

And this was just 3 or 4 years ago.
Well things have changed apparently. I had them call me because my 5320.20's for this year had my SBR listed at 24" rather than the 22" I had it at when I SBR'd it. I had to re-submit all 3 forms via fax with the information corrected to my original forms. The ATF doesn't play around or fill in anything for you now. Your information better match what's in their system or it's getting kicked out.

sooooo im an idiot. Just got an email from atf for my dissaproval on my form1 sbr 15-22. I put it as a smith and wesson 15-22 and it needs to be Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. **** me! 4 months down the drain!
I know it's a bit off topic my 15-22 lower is hard plastic if I SBR it do I still get it engraved like my other SBR

I just so happened to call the NFA branch today to check status on one of the few forms I'm waiting on. While I had them one the phone I asked if it would help if I put a picture of the model name as it appears on the receiver and attach it to my form when filing. She told me it wasn't necessary. So I went on to tell her that I've noticed an increase of disapprovals for wrong model names lately on a forum I frequent.

She stated that this only occurs for the efile method. "We have a option for model selection when filing on line". She went on to say that there is no way to contact the person who filed the form and thus being the reason of disapproval.

I then asked if they are still sending correction letters for paper filers. Her reply was yes. " When filing by paper if an error is made a correction letter will be mailed asking for correction".

REMEMBER!! This is the federal government we're talking about here so take it with a grain of salt.

Re submitted it pain another $200 and emailed the atf guy mentioned before. Now hoping it doesnt start completely over. Lol

Re submitted it pain another $200 and emailed the atf guy mentioned before. Now hoping it doesnt start completely over. Lol
Damn, that kinda sucks dude! Lol. I read a lot of good things about Ted clutter helping out so hopefully the worst part will just be waiting for ur first 200 refund.

Back
Top Bottom