hearing protection for kids when hunting

Buck119

Default rank <4500 posts
Beretta Aficionado
220   0
Reaction score
My son (9) has never been able to get used to ear plugs and he still uses a earmuff when we go to the shooting range. The problem is that with the earmuff he hardly hear when I talk to him and I don't consider it particularly safe.
I see that many members take their young kids on their hunting trips. What do they use for their hearing protection?

While hunting, my daughter doesn't wear hearing protection. When at the range, she wears a pair of over the ear noise canceling headphones.

Not tying to be a smart aleck but I think the op doesn't realize how the electronic ear muffs work. Typing one handed right now so if anyone wants to explain, feel free.

Thank you guys!
Well, I know how the electronic earmuff work an I think it is an excellent suggestion. But do your kids actually use them for hunting trips?
The reason why I am asking is that one thing is wearing something for 45-60 minutes at a range, and another is wearing the same thing for two or more hours while walking in the woods, especially for a young kid (mine is 9). Not that my son likes to complain but I see that he does not like to use the earmuff and he is very happy when he can remove it even for few seconds, and the safety glasses don't help a lot either.

While hunting, my daughter doesn't wear hearing protection.
That was an option I was actually considering. I guess it depends on the caliber.

Back
Top Bottom