• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Head Alpha caught on cam

weknowmemes.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_10_ridiciulously_photogenic_wolf_meme.jpg
Dayuuuuum

Nah thats just a big ass yote. I got a few runnin around here. One is almost that size. Looks just like him. Would love to shoot all of them but i cant get a regular travel pattern on them

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_wolf
Red wolves interbred with coyotes almost to the point of extinction. Almost all coyotes carry some red wolf DNA as well as DNA from having crossed with domestic or feral dogs. It seems to me coyotes have gotten larger in body size as well as more numerous during my lifetime. Perhaps as a result of greater influence of the red wolf DNA, perhaps resulting from breeding with larger domestic dogs or perhaps natural selection favoring larger bodies animals capable of dispatching larger prey.

Its a coyote. He'll look even bigger in a month as his coat continues to fill out. Eastern yotes could eat their wimpy western cousins. :) Most Easterns do contain a little Red Wolf DNA which even though trying to be bred back to stocking levels, they are no longer pure either. :(
I have a picture of one I shot a few years ago. Average size I'd say but still he looked huge. (I had his skull Euro'd for the heck of it). I'll try and dig up that pic....

Back
Top Bottom