HB859: "Campus Carry" Bill Introduced by Rep Jasperse

I personally will choose just about any other candidate, though I would prefer a libertarian first, conservative second, liberal third. You've been warned. The cards are on the table. Many will forget by election time, I won't.

This.. I said it before and I'll say it again, as long as you knee jerk vote for the one with (R) by his name, this is what you are going to get -- all for the 2nd Amendment until the day after the election.

I'm about to the point of voting for a Democrat because it's better to have the enemy you know. I don't need "my friend" giving me that silly grin while he stabs me in the back.

My brain must be in a fog. Also could be a case of wishful thinking kicked in. But, I do think you are correct.

I know, it seems that having the accountability to do what you promise and is expected of you is a rare quality in today's society. If I was untrustworthy and didn't meet the expectations of my employer, I would be fired. Sure wish it was just that easy to get rid of the dirt bags in our government, but unfortunately there seems to be a never ending supply of them hiding behind overly complicated electoral processes and throngs of paid supporters on welfare.

The crap statements he made during the veto is now ammo for the anti's. Utterly irresponsible comments like this will fuel that ignorant fire for years to come.

"If the intent of HB 859 is to increase safety of students on college campuses, it is highly questionable that such would be the result," Deal said in a statement. "From the early days of our nation and state, colleges have been treated as sanctuaries of learning where firearms have not been allowed. To depart from such time honored protections should require overwhelming justification. I do not find that such justification exists."

The crap statements he made during the veto is now ammo for the anti's. Utterly irresponsible comments like this will fuel that ignorant fire for years to come.

"If the intent of HB 859 is to increase safety of students on college campuses, it is highly questionable that such would be the result," Deal said in a statement. "From the early days of our nation and state, colleges have been treated as sanctuaries of learning where firearms have not been allowed. To depart from such time honored protections should require overwhelming justification. I do not find that such justification exists."

He's being paid off or threatened. None of that **** makes any sense to anyone with half a brain.

They need a better bill anyway. One that covers all post-secondary schools (not just public colleges), and one that simply scratches out the restriction, rather than what this one did: Leave it illegal to carry on campus, except with yet another exception, making the law even longer and less comprehensible.

IMO.

It was better than nothing though.

Back
Top Bottom